There are very few things in this world that feel better than actually being liked by the person you admire most in this world. And that’s why it can be really scary when you start to develop feelings for someone else. You feel like the stakes are getting much higher and the risks are just too much to bear at this point.
But at the same time, you also feel like this is an opportunity that you have to grab even though it scares and frightens you to the bone. The sad truth is that you can never really force another person to feel a certain way about you. That would be a violation of a fundamental law of nature: free will.
Everyone is always going to have their own individual tastes, preferences, and dispositions most especially when it comes to love and relationships. And so, it can feel really helpless a lot of the time whenever you develop feelings for someone else. You try to put yourself out there but at the end of the day, it’s still something that is beyond your control.
The attraction between two people is either there or it isn’t. And if it’s there, you have to capitalize on it by nurturing it and allowing it to grow. But if it isn’t there, then tough luck. You might as well just try to move on.
You can’t force someone to become romantically attracted to you. However, what you can do is put yourself in the best possible position to be admired by the people who you most want to notice you. That might help increase your odds significantly to actually attain the desired outcome of the situation.
All you have to do is make sure that you practice good habits day in and day out with the way that you conduct yourself. And if you feel like you need some help and assistance on that front, then this article is going to be perfect for you. Here are a few secrets to making yourself more likable. And by the way, these tips are proven to work.
However, even if things don’t necessarily work out the way that you want them to, at least you can take comfort in the fact that you tried your best. At the end of the day, that’s all you can ever really do. Put your best self out there and hope that things turn out in your favor.
- Maintain a positive outlook on life. You don’t have to be a genius to know that people aren’t typically attracted to negativity or pessimism. If you try to maintain optimistic and positive energy whenever you’re around others, they will feel a lot more comfortable and at ease with you. It’s always easier to hang out with someone who is spreading positive vibrations all of the time.
- Be confident. Sometimes, the best way to get other people to notice the best parts of your personality is to actually love those parts yourself. If you are confident in yourself, then you are essentially giving off the vibe to other people that you are someone who is worth paying attention to. Just make sure that you don’t overdo it or else you’re going to come off as arrogant.
- Try to be as interesting as possible. Let your passions shine through. Learn to embrace the parts of yourself that help define who you are as a human being. Talk about the things that you are most interested in and passionate about. Allow people to see the depth of your soul so that they know that you are more than just a creature with four limbs and a head.
- Work on your sense of humor. No one ever hates the funny person in the group. When you have a great sense of humor, you are essentially telling other people that you don’t take life all too seriously. You are letting them know that they can just relax whenever they are around you.
- Don’t be so stingy with your compliments. Sometimes, the best way to get other people to actually find out the best parts of your personality is to compliment the best parts of theirs. When you say something nice about someone else, they will feel a lot more comfortable and trusting of you. And they will want to repay that compliment and so they will force themselves to analyze what they really think about you as well.
- Always be a good listener. There are too many talkers in this world but not enough people are paying attention. Be that person who is always willing to gather new perspective. Maintain an open mind and let people know that you are never going to be dismissive of their thoughts, opinions, or feelings on any matter.