Every couple dreams of having a family and a healthy future. Though it is the best feeling for a new couple it is also a happy journey from being a newly married couple to becoming parents. Becoming parents is not an easy task your transition into parenthood will require a perfect teamwork and a father plays a major role while pampering newborn and mother. While you think about preparing your relationship, you also require excellent discussions and conclusions. Here we are up with some of the ways that will help you to prepare your relationship for the newcomer.
1. Responsibilities and New RolesYou will be punctual and more particular about time as you will welcome your newborn. Be prepared for nursing and caring and doing other errands with your partner and hold on to the upcoming responsibilities. Keep in mind that you will be 100% acquired by the newborn baby and you need to supply your energy to it in first few weeks so you need to do a proper planning regarding all this.
2. Accept the RealityYou may feel exhausted after the first week and it can be really hard for you both but all you need to do is a proper teamwork. Welcoming days of the newborn can be really hard that you may also start doubting yourself; you may feel more conscious about your baby. So you need to accept the reality of being a parent, though you may feel numb while performing every responsibility. You will adjust and compromise with your sleep and you will feel acquired by other related responsibilities from being a good father to being a good husband. Mother requires care in the same way as newborn really require. You should definitely plan for some schedule and proper so as to make sync with your partner.
3. Spend Some TimeSpend some quality time with each other before a part of yours enters to your life. This will help you out to discuss some of the important things and will give you the time to understand each other. There may be certain points where you both may vary but understand each other is that is what all about and these little things define your relationship. The decisions you are making is for you and your partner’s life so equanimity is a must. Of course, you will not be able to go on a dinner date after your newborn so it is better to practice for a date at home.
4. Mom Knows BetterThere are certain things that moms know better than any other human, so mom should be prepared for coming tiring schedule. As a new mother, you will seek for everything that is best for your child but you should not totally depend on them because weakness can make a home to their body after birth. You should surely take help from dad and let them do their stuff which is directly or indirectly helpful to you. Most of the parenting technique may not be successful and you may become a watchman at night but all you have to do is being with each other.
5. Focus on Your RelationPregnancy is the time where you moms need extra care and attention. This can be a complex phase for both where you need to get involved in each other. You should definitely find out some of the time and dinner dates to live up these moments. You should be excited for your part to come into your life, go out with the babymoon and do some fun day trips. Apologize for the time that you are going to spend for your baby you will seriously get involved in newborn and say thank you to your partner for helping you out and putting his efforts.
6. Get Knowledge Related to Baby Blues and PPDIt is really important for your partner to know about the roller coaster rides of emotions. Let your partner learn about the postpartum depression and other moods disorders which are on the way after the birth. This will help you out when you have such mood swings; your partner should understand your symptoms and should advocate you that time rather than concluding to an argument. Baby blues is just like depression where one may feel worried and lonely and sad, if you have such symptoms then do not wait to get professional help. You should be aware of these things because they can be a barrier in your ability to pamper your baby.
7. Philosophical Talks on ParentingThis is really important because you both can get tired so it is better to plan something such that you both can get equal amount of rest. It is a great idea to talk about the parenting done by your parents and the memories you have. You should not exactly discuss about the toddler parenting philosophies but you should relax by remembering the things with your partner.
8. Discuss About Birth and ParenthoodAs a parent you must express your emotions and feelings for each other, it is necessary to discuss all your feelings and emotions to your partner. You should definitely discuss about the labor, delivery and birth before it comes. You may have some questions regarding your child and all you need to do is discuss it with your partner and feel free about it.